The sneak peek
The security notice
We strongly recommend that you upgrade to the latest version.
During one of our own security audits, we recently discovered a potential information leak that could be abused by a malicious worker under the right conditions. We have no evidence that the vulnerability has ever been used. It only affects a small number of self-hosted environments where common security practices already aren’t being followed; but it would be possible back to 5.x versions.
If you use Cerb Cloud, we’ve already upgraded you. Cerb Cloud wasn’t vulnerable to this issue.
We believe in responsible disclosure. We will refrain from publishing any details about the potential vulnerability for a few weeks so that you have a chance to upgrade first.
Please contact us if you require any assistance during the upgrade process.
6 new maintenance updates
Since our last announcement, there have been six weekly maintenance updates with a total of 90 minor features and fixes from community feedback.
You can find those release notes here:
- 7.3.3 with 19 improvements.
- 7.3.4 with 11 improvements.
- 7.3.5 with 9 improvements.
- 7.3.6 with 19 improvements.
- 7.3.7 with 13 improvements.
- 7.3.8 with 19 improvements.
6 new how-to guides
We recently added these new how-to guides:
- Close idle tickets with bots
- Relay worker comment notifications to email
- Dispatch assignments to available workers using bots
- Launch EC2 instances in Amazon Web Services
- Install Cerb on Amazon Linux
- Install Cerb on Ubuntu Linux
We’ll be posting new guides and tips every week. Let us know what other topics you’d like us to write about.
10 new tips
Here are the new tips and tricks:
- Drag and drop attachments
- Save Cerb mobile as an iPhone shortcut
- Quickly close popups
- Quickly add or remove yourself as a watcher from worklists
- Review bot behaviors by event
- Build a worklist of tickets owned or watched by me
- Quickly create calendar events
- Use prompted placeholders in snippets
- Archive a copy of all inbound mail
- Find other senders from the same email host
Thanks for using Cerb!
Thanks for supporting Cerb’s development. Keep the great feedback coming!