Devblocks Public License 1.0 (DPL)
The following are the terms and conditions by which Webgroup Media, LLC (“Licensor”) grants you a License to use, modify, and redistribute this software, which is protected as the exclusive intellectual property of Licensor by U.S. copyright law.
Licensor’s copyrights are also protected by international treaties where applicable, including but not limited to: the Berne Convention, World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), and the World Trade Organization’s (WTO) Trade-related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS).
By using this software, you acknowledge having read this License and agree to be bound thereby.
The terms “reproduce”, “reproduction”, and “distribution” have the same meaning here as under U.S. copyright law.
“You” means the licensee of the software.
“Your organization” means the company, institution, cause, or other group represented by you while using this software.
“Private use” means use of this software within your organization, and it specifically excludes the right to distribute this software outside of your organization.
Grant of Rights
Copyright Grant - Subject to the terms of this License, Licensor grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free copyright license to reproduce this software for private use.
Modification and Redistribution of Derivative Works - You are permitted to produce and distribute modifications to this software provided that the following conditions are met:
- You must not alter or obliterate any copyright notices found in this software or its source code.
- Your website and documentation must provide a clearly visible link to this software’s official website. You must clearly state that your modifications are an unofficial version that is derived from this software.
- You are not permitted to produce or disseminate any technology or modifications to this software or source code which circumvent its digital copyright protection or interfere with the enforcement of per-seat licensing.
- This software must remain compatible with digital software licenses authorized and issued exclusively by Licensor.
- Your modifications must remain publicly available in source code form, and may not be encrypted, obfuscated, or otherwise rendered intentionally human-unreadable.
- Any modifications you make to this software and its source code must continue to be governed by this License.
- Neither the name of Licensor nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote redistributions of this software without prior written permission from Licensor.
- You are prohibited from charging a fee for redistributing this software without prior written permission from Licensor.
Third-Party Plugins - You are permitted to produce, install, and publicly distribute modifications to this software which operate as “plugins”. Third-party plugins do not modify or distribute the source code of this software; instead, plugins introduce new functionality through an Application Programming Interface (API) to utilize services and resources provided by this software.
- You retain the copyright to any plugins you create.
- You are not required to distribute your plugins.
- You may distribute your plugins under any software license.
- You may sell your plugins, or charge a fee for the development of new plugins.
- You agree that Licensor is not liable for the effects of any third-party plugins that you produce or install.
Governing Law and Venue
This License, its construction, performance, scope, validity, and effects are governed and shall be construed in accordance with the laws applicable and in force in the United States.
The parties agree, for any claim or judicial proceedings for whatever reason relating to this License, to designate and hereby designate the courts of the judicial district of Orange County, California, as the appropriate venue for the hearing of any such claims or judicial proceedings, to the exclusion of any other courts, judicial district or jurisdiction that may have the right to hear such dispute.
Licensor warrants that this software will perform substantially in accordance with the accompanying materials for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of receipt. If an implied warranty or condition is created by your state or jurisdiction, and federal, state, or provincial law prohibits disclaimer of it, you also have an implied warranty or condition, but only as to the defects discovered during the period of this limited warranty (90 days). As to any defects discovered after the 90 day period, there is no warranty or condition of any kind. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty or condition lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. Any updates or patches to this software provided to you after the expiration of the 90 day Limited Warranty period are not covered by any warranty or condition, express, implied, or statutory.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The Limited Warranty described above is the only express warranty made to you and is provided in lieu of any other express warranties or similar obligations. Except for the Limited Warranty or when otherwise stated in writing the copyright holders and/or other parties, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, this software is provided to you “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the program is with you. Should the program prove defective, you assume the cost of all necessary servicing, repairs, or corrections.
Limitation of Liability and Remedies
In no event unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing will Licensor be liable to you under any circumstances for any lost profits or any indirect, special, consequential or punitive damages including, without limitation, loss or alteration of data, failure to provide support, interruption of business, or loss of employee work time. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain warranties or liability for loss or damage caused by negligence, breach of contract or breach of implied terms, or incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, only the limitations which are lawful in your jurisdiction will apply to you and Licensor’s liability will be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law. The entire liability of Licensor shall not exceed the aggregate amount paid by you for the software.