- Seats determine the maximum number of workers who can use Cerb at the same time.
- Cerb permits the use of a single seat for free. Simply install Cerb -- no registration is required.
- Self-hosted on your hardware and network.
- You're responsible for installation, upgrades, scaling, monitoring, security, and backups.
- Same business day support directly from Cerb's developers.
- Discount for timely future annual renewals ($34/seat-month).
- Ideal for regulatory compliance (GDPR, HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley).
- Requires PHP 7.0+ and MySQL 5.6+.
- Access to 100% of our source code on GitHub.
- Your license never expires for versions released during your software updates coverage.
- Upgrade from any version to the latest update within minutes.
Standard SupportIncluded with a self-hosted Cerb license:
- By email
- Same business day responses
- Concept-level guidance
- Covers the latest stable version
Enterprise SupportGreater of +$500/month or +$30/month per seat:
Top-priority support, training, and consultation:
- By email, phone, screen sharing, or Slack
- Same business day responses
- Emergency support within 1 hour (including nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Covers any version released within the past 12 months
- Hands-on guidance and review of your specific implementation
- Developer support for API usage, integration, plugin development
- Server configuration
- Data recovery
What are seats?
Seats determine the maximum number of workers who can use Cerb at the same time.
For example, a team of 30 workers who are evenly split into three, non-overlapping shifts (morning, day, night) would only require 10 seats. That’s the highest number of workers who would ever be logged in at the same time.
You aren’t paying per worker account, so there isn’t a penalty for inviting everyone to participate: full-time staff, part-time contributors, busy executives, interns, temps, contractors, partners, and volunteers.
How do I install Cerb on my own hardware?
Read the installation instructions to get started.
Do you provide a renewal discount for existing licenses?
Yes! We automatically add a 7.5% “timely renewal” discount to your invoice for any license that has not been expired for more than 30 days.
Do you provide an academic discount?
Yes. We offer a 25% discount in support of academic institutions.
To qualify for an academic discount, institutions must be accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (or their own national equivalent). All publicly funded K-12 and preschools automatically qualify.
What qualifies a charity or non-profit organization for a free license donation?
To receive a free Cerb license with ongoing software updates, a charity or non-profit must have a charter that seeks to improve the public good and be registered as a 501(c)(3) organization (or their own national equivalent). The organization should be primarily funded through public donations or grants, and such contributions should be tax deductible by the donors.
What qualifies an open source project for a free license donation?
To receive a free Cerb license with ongoing software updates, an open source project must have a website explaining the purpose of the project, 100% of source code available in a public repository like GitHub, and a self-hosted option with an open source license.
An open source license should only be used for that purpose, and not mixed with other commercial activity.