Devblocks is a software development framework created by Webgroup Media that has evolved in parallel with Cerb. It provides the application framework, development platform, plugin architecture, and software development philosophy for all Cerb functionality and third-party plugins.
- HTML5 is a markup language used for structuring and presenting content on the World Wide Web. It is the fifth and current version of the HTML standard.
- Cerb’s interface is rendered via HTML5 markup.
- PHP is a widely-used programming language for web development.
- We use PHP for the majority of the application logic in Cerb and Devblocks.
- MySQL is the world’s most popular open source database.
- We use MySQL to store and query all relational data.
- Amazon Web Services
- We use jQuery for all of the client-side functionality in Cerb.
- We use jQuery UI for the majority of the interface components: tabs, dialogs, autocomplete, drag and drop sorting, effects, etc.
- Smarty is a template engine for PHP, facilitating the separation of presentation (HTML/CSS) from application logic.
- Swift Mailer is a component-based library for sending email from PHP applications.
- We use Swift Mailer to compose MIME messages and send all outgoing mail.
- Twig is an open source template engine for the PHP programming language by Fabien Potencier. It focuses on being fast, secure, and flexible.
- We use Twig for placeholder and scripting functionality in snippets and bot behaviors.
- Parsedown is a PHP library for converting lightweight Markdown1 text into HTML.
- We use Markdown for formatting in HTML messages and knowledgebase articles.
- Amazon S3 PHP Class is a PHP library by Donovan Schönknecht for working with Amazon’s S32 web service.
- We use the Amazon S3 PHP Class to provide the option to use Amazon’s S3 service as long-term storage for infrequently accessed but heavy content (e.g. message content and attachments).
- We use jqPlot to draw charts in the legacy reporting plugin.
- qTip is a tooltip plugin for the jQuery framework.
- We use qTip to show tooltips on several legacy reports.
- php-encryption is a secure library for encrypting data in PHP.
- We use php-encryption to secure connected account credentials, settings, etc.
- GLYPHICONS is a library of precisely prepared monochromatic icons and symbols, created with an emphasis to simplicity and easy orientation.
- We licensed most of the interface icons from GLYPHICONS.
Jeff Standen is the founding partner at Webgroup Media LLC. He has been Cerb’s software architect and lead programmer from the first line of code in January 20023. He brings more than 23 years of software development experience to the project.
Dan Hildebrandt is a partner at Webgroup Media LLC and an active Cerb developer since 2005.
- Ben Halsted
- Brenan Cavish
- Darren Sugita
- Jeremy Johnstone
- Jerry Kanoholani
- Joe Geck
- Mike Fogg
- Niek Beernink provided the Dutch translation and continues to provide an immeasurable amount of constructive feedback.
- Robert Middleswarth has provided an incredible amount of support to the Cerb community for more than a decade.
- Scott Luther
- Trent Ramseyer